I feel like I’ve been talking less about me and more about the shop recently, and I don’t like that (even *I* get bored with shop updates after a while!) – So here’s a little summary of what I’ve been up to:
- I passed my 2nd cume last month (only 2 more to go!) – I am so looking forward to the day that my classes and exams are over and I can finally focus on my research!
- My sister is coming to stay with us at the end of this month! I am beyond excited – I plan on working straight through my spring break so I can take off for a couple days when she is here … maybe I’ll actually get to lay on the beach for the first time since we moved here!
- Our basil, parsley and mint are thriving after a month on our balcony … however our cilantro, not so much (re. shriveled and dead). If anyone has tips for growing cilantro in warm and humid climates, let me know! We could really use some.
- I’m brainstorming a new succulent embroidery piece, this time inspired by our agave plant (see image above). I love its minty green and blue-grey coloration.
- I’m happy to be participating in Mollie’s Stitch Swap – Over 270 people from all over the world signed up (!) – I received my partner last week and all I have to say is I think she’s really going to like what I’m making for her!!
- I’ve decided that I need to start coloring my hair regularly. Unfortunately, these pesky greys are becoming too obvious for my liking (I’m only 24 for Pete’s sake!). Can anyone recommend a good brand of boxed color?
- I received these simple silver studs from Greece last week! Jim thinks they make me look like I have gauges (sans any actual earlobe-stretching).
What have you been up to lately?