I can’t believe May 2013 is already over – When did that happen??
I’ve surely been enjoying my days sans teaching and classes! It’s amazing how productive I can be when in total control of my schedule.
Since returning from Colorado with 11 soil and char samples, I’ve been hard at work in lab optimizing new methods and prepping/running samples like crazy – Sometimes I feel like my brain is moving faster than my hands and machines can keep up, but I take this as a good thing :)
I talked about the need for living room storage a while ago – Jim and I found the perfect set of shelves from Ikea – Our movies, fan, helmets, albums, hand mixer and crock pot (yes, you read that right) now finally have a home!
- I was spoiled having Jim home with me both (!) days this weekend – I could get used to that :)
- Thanks to my now-flexible schedule, we have been able to actually spend some time in the sun at the beach and by the pool – It’s nice to finally even out my awful running shorts tan line …
- Hot coffee. Details on this later.
- My parents are coming to visit for a few days this week (yay!).
- I video-chatted with my sister last week and could not stop laughing – I miss her!!
- In exactly 1 month Jim and I will be headed home (to PA/NY/DE) for a 10-day visit with friends and family over the 4th of July holiday!! :D I can’t wait to see everyone!