This is a modified version of one of our new-found favorites from Vegetarian Cooking: A Common Sense Guide. I love this recipe book – It’s packed with great vegetarian dishes that don’t waste their time imitating sausage patties or bacon. The perfect one-pot meal for week nights (and heats up even better the next day for lunch)!
Ingredients: makes about 10 wraps
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 red chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 10 medium-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar or jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*C.
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat and saute onion, garlic and green pepper for until ingredients begin to soften.
- Add chiles, cayenne, paprika, cumin, sugar, tomatoes, beans and tomato paste.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid has reduced, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each tortilla with a bit of the bean filling and a sprinkling of cheese, roll and place on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil. Repeat with each tortilla.
- Pop wraps in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove and enjoy!