Not only do we grind our own cumin, but we now make our own pumpkin spice mix.
My Mom would be proud.
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger flakes
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-grated nutmeg
- 3 whole cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a coffee grinder and pulverize until mix blends into a uniform powder.
- Tap powder through a sieve if needed to remove any large pieces.
- Enjoy your freshly-made pumpkin spice mix!
Add a pinch to your coffee or include it in your favorite pumpkin muffin recipe. Put a few tablespoons in labeled glass jars and adorn with twine for a set of simple and sweet party favors – Possibilities abound for this warm autumn spice blend!