I think Jim and I surprised even ourselves with how ridiculously yummy and easy this week-night meal is!
Ingredients (makes 2 pita pizzas)
- 2 pitas
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- fresh mozzarella, sliced
- toppings (use whatever you have on hand, we topped these particular pizzas with leftover shredded chicken, feta cheese, arugala and sliced red onion)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil (for easy clean-up), brush both sides of each pita with olive oil and season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Spread pizza sauce on one side of the pitas, top with mozzarella and other toppings
- Bake pizzas for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts and pitas become slightly golden
- Remove from oven, cut and enjoy!
So simple and so good.