Hate doing dishes? Then you’ll love this cajun-inspired spicy one-pot meal!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 bunch scallions, sliced thin
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
The peppers we use are particularly potent, so sometimes we have to protect ourselves against volatile spices in our pint-sized kitchen!
Always an adventure in our kitchen …
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add ground pork, salt and pepper (to taste) and chili powder. Stir often and cook until meat becomes brown and crusty.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth and cook until evaporated.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, jalapeño and oregano. Cook, stirring often, until veggies begin to brown.
- Add rice, remaining chicken broth, scallions and parsley. Stir until liquid is absorbed and rice is heated through.