About twice per month, Jim and I get to enjoy a day off together.
These days almost always mean pancakes for breakfast.
This past weekend, we put a little spin on our usual recipe and added blueberries and a bit of lemon zest …
Ingredients (serves 2 hungry adults):
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vegetable oil and lemon zest
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add blueberries to batter and stir gently until incorporated.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop batter and pour into hot pan.
- Flip when the edges become slightly dry and when the underside of the pancake is golden brown.
- Move cooked pancakes to a serving plate and serve with maple syrup.
Hope you love this recipe as much as we did!
What do you like to put in your pancakes?