This is such a quick, easy and delicious recipe – I guarantee it will become one of your go-to cool-weather meals in no time!
P.S. Doesn’t this photo look like it was taken out of a 70s cookbook?
Ingredients: Makes 4 Bowls
- chicken broth (32 oz/1 qt)
- 1 large package tortellini (we prefer Buitoni brand)
- 2 tbsp basil pesto (or 2 tbsp finely chopped basil leaves)
- 4-5 smashed garlic cloves
- red pepper flakes
- grated parmesan cheese
- Pour broth into a medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- To the broth, add: pesto (or basil), garlic and a few shakes of red pepper flakes.
- When the broth comes to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the tortellini. Cook according to the package directions.
- Give the broth a quick taste test, add a pinch of salt if needed (seasoning will vary depending on your taste and on which broth and pesto you use).
- Drain the tortellini and spoon into bowls.
- Ladle the simmering stock over the tortellini.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top of the dish and enjoy!
Super easy, unbelievably tasty and so comforting.
Make this dish vegetarian by using vegetable stock and cheese-filled tortellini!
Got questions or suggestions? Leave them in the comments!