I spotted this little activity over at the (never home)maker blog and decided to follow suit and make up a little list of my own!
It’s fun and you can learn a little more about who I am:
A. Age: 23 (I think. I literally had to double check with Jim how old I am not too long ago … scary right? Oy vey.)
B. Bed Size: We share a full.
C. Chore You Dislike: Definitely cleaning the shower … I don’t really like taking out the trash either.
D. Dogs: As you now know from this post – I wish! I don’t care what you say Jim, we are getting one someday! I miss having a furry thing running around the house, cleaning up the food I drop …
E. Essential Start to Your Day: Breakfast. Whether it’s a banana, bowl of cereal or piece of toast – I need something to hold me over until lunch.
F. Favorite Color: Probably black or some shade of grey (which you would never guess looking at my Etsy shop!).
G. Gold or Silver: Silver.
H. Height: 5’9″
I. Instruments You Play(ed): I own a guitar and I was actually fairly decent at figuring out songs on my own – Jim says I have an ear for that sort of thing. However, I haven’t played since we left Delaware so nothing currently!
J. Job Title: Research assistant.
K. Kids: Nope. I don’t want the responsibility yet. Plus, I have a hard enough time trying to keep a measly jade plant alive, imagine me with an actual human being!
L. Live: Lambertville, NJ – Love it here and I will miss it too much when we move …
M. Mom’s Name: Sue (that’s a random one …)
N. Nicknames: Okay let’s see, I’ve been called: Sash, Salsa, Shasha, Shasta, Soosh, Seesh, Wags … I think that about covers it! As you can see, they’re all mostly variations of my real name, Sasha.
O. Overnight Hospital Stays: Me? No. The closest I came was back in August when Jim fell while biking, whacked his head and (despite wearing a helmet) experienced a bout of transient global amnesia. Definitely the scariest thing I have ever experienced (not an exaggeration here) – I stayed with him from 9pm to about 5am then went home and “napped” for an hour before returning to the hospital again. It wasn’t a full overnight stay, but close enough.
P. Pet Peeves: Okay, I could seriously write 20 posts on this so I will try and keep it short by making them bullet points:
- hearing other people breathe when they sleep – When my sister and I were young, we shared a room. If I could hear her breathing during the night I would sneak over and clamp her nose shut until she stirred and stopped breathing so heavily. Sometimes I wonder why she still loves me …
- snoring – If I can’t tolerate breathing, imagine how I feel about snoring.
- prime numbers – When adjusting the volume on the radio, it has to be at preferably an even number or a multiple of 5. I can’t explain why, it just does.
- dishevelled car interior – It bugs me out when I have wrappers or unnecessary papers strewn around. I like to keep a tidy car.
- askew wall hangings/art – I take pride in the fact that I don’t need a level when hanging pictures/prints on the wall for decoration. It just doesn’t feel right if something is amiss. Jim knows not to hang anything without consulting me first.
- people who feel the need to hurry up and pass on your right before giving you a chance to move out of their way – I purposefully anticipate their move and cut them off to teach them a lesson.
- people who drive the speed limit in the left lane – Get the F out of my way!!! Or I will tailgate you like no other …
- people who think wearing Sketchers Shape-Ups will magically give them an ass like Jessica Biel – I don’t mean to offend you if you wear them, but COME ON, they are such a gimmick (and look heinous)!!! Lace up a good pair of running/walking shoes and get out in the fresh air for 20 minutes a day. It’s much better for you (and your butt).
Q. Quote from a Movie: “You were a very apt pupil!” Jimmy Stewart as Scottie in Hitchcock’s Vertigo. It’s an odd line for the scene it’s in, and we find it hilarious every time we watch it!
R. Righty or Lefty: Righty.
S. Siblings: Natalie, 20 years old (yeesh, where did the time go?).
T. Time You Wake Up: For work? Usually around 6:30am. Weekends? Around 10-11am. Since Jim gets home from work late most nights I typically don’t get to bed until midnight or so during the week so I need to catch up Saturday and Sunday!
U. Underwear: I used to own all basic black bikinis. I’ve spiced it up a little with some color/print/pattern in recent years. I really don’t wear thongs unless I know they won’t be staying on long *wink* But yeaa, perma-wedgie all day? No thanks.
V. Veggies You Don’t Like: Bitter greens, I’ve tried spinach and kale and was just not a fan (if you have any recipe tips to make these more appealing PLEASE share). I won’t eat cooked carrots. Tomatoes and I have an on-again-of-again relationship. But I can say with certainty that ALL canned veggies are bad news (are you listening Mrs. O’Leary?).
W. What Makes You Run Late: A warm bed, cozy significant other and not enough hours of sleep. Every weekday morning is a struggle …
X. X-Rays You’ve Had: I’ve had X-rays of my teeth at the dentist’s office (I feel like most people do) and I’ve had my chest X-rayed when I was a kid because I had pneumonia.
Y. Yummy Food You Make: I’ve been told that I make some amazing eggs. Also, I make a side dish of diced zucchini, chopped garlic, S&P and lots of red pepper flakes that is always a good decision. I can also bake a mean Funfetti cake!
Z. Zoo Animal Favorites: Hmm, I would have to say otters (so cute!) and giraffes (they look so damn cool when they run!).
What are some of your ABCs? If you choose to do the same survey on your blog, link back here – I would love to learn more about you!