So remember those Pumpkin Muffins I was telling you about? Here’s a recipe for the leftover seeds!
- pumpkin seeds (rinsed thoroughly and left to dry overnight spread out on a tea towel – I know you’re excited, but be patient with the drying, we want crunchy seeds right?)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. melted butter
- cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Add butter to dry seeds and stir to coat.
3. Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of cayenne pepper (you can adjust these according to your taste, of course) and stir to distribute evenly.
4. Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread out seeds in a single layer (you could probably do without the paper if you don’t have any, it just makes clean-up easy).
5. Pop seeds in the oven for about 45 minutes or until they start to turn a golden color.
6. When they are done baking, allow them to cool for a few minutes – Then enjoy!!
Once you try these you will be looking for excuses to carve up more pumpkins …