As you have probably figured out by now, Jim and I love going on outdoor adventures. Unfortunately, these little escapades usually result in a not-so-sweet-smelling vehicle – So I decided to sew up a fragrant lavender sachet for my car to ward off any unpleasant scents.
It takes very little time to make and requires supplies you can probably find around your home!
- about 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds
- two 3×3-inch pieces of fabric
- sewing thread
- sewing needle
- Cut two identically-shaped hearts from fabric pieces
- Align the fabric hearts on top of one another and use a running stitch to sew them together
- Before finishing the stitch, fill heart with lavender buds and sew it closed
- Attach a loop of thread for easy hanging
This little heart packs a big punch! Now I get a nice waft of fresh lavender every time I hop in my car … instead of any lingering smells from our last adventure …
P.S. Not good with needles? You can purchase one of these lovely lavender sachets right here!